STRAWBERRY WALNUT BREADFrom veg 8 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 pound Fresh strawberries; sliced -OR - Unsweetened frozen berries, thawed, drained and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 (8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch) loaf pans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease(I use cooking spray) and flour the two loaf pans. Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla, oil, eggs, strawberries, and walnuts. Beat until the dry ingredients are just moist. Pour into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour. The breads are done when they start to come away from the sides of the pan and an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookveg HAMILTON, OH
The Rating2 people
What a nice sounding treat - and to think I have frozen strawberries along with all the other needed ingredients right at this moment... hmmm what to do, what to do...great posting veg...im thinking...I have got to go to a party this early evening......more
It's out of the oven and cooling down...ok so I sneaked a slice and ate it all up..looks great and tastes fantastic! Light, airy, moist. And You are right about the house smelling wonderful! I used butter instead of veg oil and had mixed berries but...more
This recipe was favored over someone's homemade cheese cake last night at a party I brought it to....easy and impressive and worth every bit of little effort.
Like with banana bread, this is a moist bread, so let it cool down considerably before...more
- Not added to any groups yet!