Sunday Meat LoafFrom noir 8 years ago
- * 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- * 1/2 onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- * 1 carrot, peeled and broken shopping list
- * 3 whole cloves garlic shopping list
- * 1/2 red bell pepper shopping list
- * 18 ounces ground chuck shopping list
- * 18 ounces ground sirloin shopping list
- * 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- * 1 egg shopping list
- For the glaze: shopping list
- * 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- * Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- * Dash hot pepper sauce shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme.
- Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture.
- Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf.
- Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray. Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf.
- Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.
- Combine the ketchup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and honey. Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes.
- As loaf is cooking, drain grease.
- Should cook within 1 hour or possibly 1 1/2.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and salad.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Nice combo of spices and herbs!!!Printed off to make.Thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Haftahaveit! Tops!*wink*pink in USA loved it
Perfecto!smooch in America loved it