Oatmeal Cinnamon French ToastFrom mellybelly 6 years ago
- 4 thick slices of day old Italian bread (or bread of choice) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
- fresh berries shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and spices. Place bread slices in bowl and move slices around gently to absorb egg-milk mixture evenly.
- Put oatmeal in a shallow dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Coat Bread slices on both sides in oats.
- Fry bread over medium high-heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve sprinkled with extra cinnamon, fresh berries and lots of real maple syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- hunnee Nanaimo, CA
- lovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- twilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
- texyjay Hollywood, FL
- somebodysaveme17 Quezon City, PH
- bonjody Branson, MO
- raelene1951 Brighton, CO
- elisabizter Fountain Valley, CA
- cheric Oklahoma City, OK
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmellybelly CA
The Rating5 people
east great recipe love itmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmm I'm gonna give it a try I bet it'll be good.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it
5 forkslovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it