Oatmeal Cinnamon French ToastFrom mellybelly 7 years ago
- 4 thick slices of day old Italian bread (or bread of choice) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
- fresh berries shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and spices. Place bread slices in bowl and move slices around gently to absorb egg-milk mixture evenly.
- Put oatmeal in a shallow dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Coat Bread slices on both sides in oats.
- Fry bread over medium high-heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve sprinkled with extra cinnamon, fresh berries and lots of real maple syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- hunnee Nanaimo, CA
- lovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- twilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
- texyjay Hollywood, FL
- somebodysaveme17 Quezon City, PH
- bonjody Branson, MO
- raelene1951 Brighton, CO
- elisabizter Fountain Valley, CA
- cheric Oklahoma City, OK
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmellybelly CA
The Rating5 people
555555555555hunnee in Nanaimo loved it
Perfect! Made this with some day old oatmeal bread made by Dutch bakers in the North Country of New York. Used Rice Dream instead of milk. I'll be using this recipe again and again. The perfect mix of french toast with a nutty crunch. YUM! Thanks so ...moretwilightrose in Denver/ Nederland♥ loved it
Mmmm I'm gonna give it a try I bet it'll be good.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it