Valentine Fairy cakesFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 150 ml carton plain yogurt (rinse the pot and use as a measure) shopping list
- 1 pot of caster sugar shopping list
- 1 pot of sunflower oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 pots of self – raising flour shopping list
- 250 g strawberries plus extra for decorating, diced. shopping list
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange. shopping list
- For the icing and decoration shopping list
- 1 pot of icing sugar, plus extra for dusting shopping list
- 1 tbsp orange juice shopping list
- orange food coloring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F .Line two muffins tray with 18 muffins paper cups.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until color changes and batter is slightly thickened, add the oil in a steady stream while beating, add the yogurt and mix well. Fold in the flour gently, add three quarters of the strawberries and half of the orange rind and fold again till combined. Don’t overwork!! (I made it twice because of over beating)
- Fill each case three quarters full with the mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cakes are risen and golden. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl; add the remaining orange rind and the orange juice to make a smooth icing. Stir in a few drops of orange food colouring, if you like.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon a little icing on top of each cooled cake .Decorate with extra strawberries or drizzled melted chocolate.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Oh how beautiful and charming these look. I know they are delicious as well. I'm saving this one, too - as I want to try each and everything you reveal to us, Ahmed Great post - thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Hi Ahmed! It's a rainy, gray day here. This is the perfect cupcake to make on such aday. Thank you.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh so cute!! I love these little fairy cakes! What a fun thing to make with my kids..Im sure they will enjoy eating them as well. I hope your day is extra happy! Thank you for another GREAT recipe and your pictures are ALWAYS the best!! Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!