Lemon Crunch CakeFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- lemon crunch cake shopping list
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- *****lemon crunch frosting: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Empty cake mix into a large mixing bowl; make a well in the center. Beat in water, oil, lemon extract and egg yolks until smooth, about 1 minute or 150 vigorous strokes.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour egg yolk mixture over beaten egg whites, folding with rubber spatula just until blended.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8-inch layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool. Split each cake into 2 layers and frost with lemon crunch frosting.
- To prepare lemon crunch frosting:
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to 300 degrees on a candy thermometer, or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold or ice water separates into hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking-soda mixture until light and foamy.
- Pour mixture onto a buttered 8-by-12-inch cookie sheet and quickly spread to 1/4-inch thickness; cool.
- Break into pieces, then crush into crumbs.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and lemon extract to whipped cream until well blended.
- Spread half the sweetened whipped cream between cake layers and the remainder on top and sides.
- Sprinkle crushed candy generously on top and sides.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Note: If desired, substitute lemon sponge or chiffon cake.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating7 people
YUM how fantasticly good sounding is this, love it! Great post, you have my five.henrie in Savannah loved it
Sounds very good, got my 5 too!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
sounds great!! Perfect summer dessert!! I'm saving this one for sure!vickycummins in Munster loved it
Piece Of Cake376 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Newbie Foodies98 members
All Holidays135 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Chocoholics Anonymous154 members
Family Favorites141 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Companys Coming115 members