Strawberry - Rhubarb PieFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 2 crust pastry for a 9 inch pie shopping list
- 3 cups of unpeeled, diced rhubarb shopping list
- 1 cup of ripe strawberries, sliced shopping list
- 6 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp grated orange zest shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- ice cream or whipped cream to serve on the side shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425
- Line a 9" pie dish with one crust.
- In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, and orange zest.
- In a large bowl mix the fruits. Stir in the dry mixture.
- Turn this mixture into the pie dish.
- Dot over the fruit with the butter.
- Top with the second crust. Flute the edge and cut a vent at the center.
- Bake for 45 minutes. You may want to place the pie dish on a lined baking sheet - it sometimes spills over with pretty red juices.
- When ready to serve - add some whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!