Cranberry SquaresFrom bakermel 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly shopping list
- 1 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. AP flour shopping list
- 2 c. fresh or frozen cranberries (about 8 oz.) shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or almonds (about 2 1/4 oz.) (optional) shopping list
- coarse sugar to sprinkle on top before baking shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in large bowl until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Bean in melted butter and almond extract.
- Add flour and stir until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and pecans or almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Enjoy! :)
The Cookbakermel Topeka, KS
The Rating5 people
omg this looks vert tasty i bookmarked it yummmmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh my goodness, this recipe looks absolutely lovely. Thank you Mel for this oh so very tempting recipe ;) Cranberries are at the top of my list and this "5" fork recipe is going to be made very soon.lor in Toronto loved it
Mmmm this recipe looks so good! Everyone I know loves cranberries so I know this recipe will be a hit with family and friends. Thanks so much for a great posting.chacha in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!