Chicken Kalamata Olive and Roasted Red Pepper TartFrom irishiz 6 years ago
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups shredded chicken, white or dark meat shopping list
- 1 cup sliced roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Asiago or parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thaw puff pastry completely and unfold. Slice in half lengthwise to make two long rectangles. Place on a large parchment-covered baking sheet, leaving at least an inch of space between rectangles. Use two baking sheets if needed to avoid overcrowding. With a paring knife, score a 1/2- inch border around each rectangle. This will allow the edge of the pastry to rise, creating a border. Brush both rectangles with beaten egg.
- Arrange chicken, peppers, olives and tarragon on the pastry, keeping toppings inside the border. Sprinkle with cheese and black pepper. Place in hot oven and bake for 15 minutes until edges of pastry are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each rectangle into 3 pieces and serve hot.
The Cookirishiz Annapolis, MD
The Rating9 people
looks yummycholena in Food World loved it
This looks awesome. I love the flavor combo. And it looks quite simple to put together.... High 5 from me.. Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
I love puff pastry when used to make savory dishes like your Chicken Kalamata Olive And Roasted Red Pepper Tart.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!