Jumpin JambalayaFrom greekgirrrl 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 lb smoked Andouille sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery and saute for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and bay leaves and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), garlic, salt, cayenne, pepper and thyme. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the rice and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until the rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Stir in green onions.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating8 people
Jumpin Jambalaya is a great meal any time of year.
A little wine and a sweet ending and you have a perfect meal.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This sounds really good, I think I'll wait until the last 4 minutes to add the shrimp though... got my 5
shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Great dish and just loaded with flavor. Jambalaya is one of my favorite meals...ever. Thanks for the great post! =) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it