Ropa ViejaFrom esilenna 8 years ago
- stock shopping list
- 800g beef flank steak shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1/2 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 litre water shopping list
- . shopping list
- MAIN DISH shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 red paprika (bell pepper) shopping list
- 1 yellow paprika (bell pepper) shopping list
- 1 green paprika (bell pepper) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 chillies (serrano or jalapeño) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 400g canned tomatoes shopping list
- capers (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour 1 litre of water into a 5 litre casserole and season with the bay leaf and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Cut the steak in half and place in casserole.
- Roughly chop the medium onion, and carrot and add to casserole.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, before reducing heat to low and covering the casserole.
- Allow to simmer for 2 1/2-3 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the casserole from heat and let it stand uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a chopping board and shred it into fine strips using either a fork or your fingers.
- Strain the stock from the casserole and set aside.
- MAIN DISH:
- Slice the large onion.
- Core, de-seed and slice the paprikas (bell peppers)
- De-seed and chop the chillies finely.
- Finely chop the garlic
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat before adding the sliced onion, peppers and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Fry, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic, chillies and ground cinnamon, stir well and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, with liquid, and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 450ml of the stock which was set aside earlier, before adding the beef.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Sprinkle with capers to serve.
The Cookesilenna NO
The Rating4 people
I am expecting a shipment of Venison from a friend.
This sounds like a great way to use it.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
A classic and soooo delicious. Thanks for the great post!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Hi Esilenna; Thanks for a great post,putting this on my long list of have to make.....Bobrobertg in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!