Homemade Cream CheeseFrom liezel 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat milk in heavy, large saucepan over low heat until lukewarm.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Cover with kitchen towel.
- Let stand at room temperature until mixture has formed a soft curd that resembles yoghurt - about 24 hours.
- Line large colander with clean muslin cloth.
- Set into sink.
- Pour milk mixture in.
- Let drain 10 minutes.
- Fold cloth over curd to cover.
- Set colander on rack in deep bowl.
- Enclose bowl and colander in large plastic bag.
- Refrigerate until thick cheese forms.
- Draining off liquid after 8 hours.
- Transfer cheese to small container.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating16 people
I made this years ago! Works well... got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This is so usefull for all of us I think..Thanks for this one Liezel.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
As usual excellent...Thanks Liezel for your many great recipes.I'm sure this will be helpful.
ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!