Sirloin Burger and Navy Bean SoupFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- ½ pound dried navy beans, picked and washed shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 lb ground sirloin or ground beef shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth, boiling shopping list
- 2 large carrots, sliced ½” thick shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, sliced ¼” thick shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 14.5-ounce can tomatoes, diced, with juice shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 6 whole peppercorns shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans in a deep sauce pan with 4 cups of water. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for at least 1 hour. (or soak over night)
- Sauté ground beef over medium-high heat, with minced garlic, till browned. Trying not to break up the meat in to overly small pieces. You want to maintain nice meaty chunks for the soup.
- Transfer beans and liquid into a crockpot. Add browned beef to crockpot. Then add the boiling hot broth, carrots, celery, onion, and tomatoes with juice, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours, or until the beans are done.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaf and peppercorns (if desired). Heat for 15 more minutes and serve.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating2 people
I've been making a lot of soups lately, and this sounds most delicious! I love the ease of the crock pot. Thanks for the great post, Dee! And congrats on the win!lori4flavor in Chicago loved it