Biltmore Estate Southern Brunch CasseroleFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 2 large baking potatoes, unpeeled and cubed shopping list
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 4 cups (16 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 12 hard cooked eggs, shelled and sliced shopping list
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 cups soft whole-wheat breadcrumbs shopping list
- fresh parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potato cubes in boiling salted water just until tender. Drain and cool.
- In saucepan, melt 4 tablespooons butter over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 1 minute or until bubbly.
- Gradually whisk in milk and half and half. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- In greased 13x9 inch baking dish, layer half the egg slices, half the bacon and half the cheese sauce.
- Top with potato cubes.
- Layer with remaining egg slices, bacon and cheese sauce.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter and combine with breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating3 people
Once a month we have a "breakfast club" meeting for hospital retirees from our dept to catch up on all the things they are "missing" LOL, and are always looking for new breakfast casseroles. This one will be great! Thanks for the recipe. Marciamao65 in Griffith loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!