14 Layer CakeFrom henrie 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 Duncan Hines yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup Crisco cooking oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 instant vanilla pudding Mix (regular size) shopping list
- chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 stick margarine shopping list
- 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 boxes of Ten X sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla & pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix as usual the ingredients above for the cake. Grease and flour pans.
- Put 1/2 cup of batter in each pan. Spread evenly over
- bottom of pan. Bake at 325-350 degrees for 15 min. Watch closely.
- Cool completely before spreading icing. (Each Cake Mix makes 7 layers) You may need to insert something down the center of the layers as you start getting some height built up to keep the cake layers from sliding so you end up with a pretty cake when finished.
- Chocolate Frosting
- (1/2 cup of regular Milk and 1 tablespoon Vinegar can be mixed
- and substituted for Buttermilk)
- While margarine melts stir in Cocoa, then add Milk and let start to
- bubble (lowest heat) Remove from heat and add one box sugar
- (sifted) Then add more Sugar until good spreading consistency.
- Frost between each layer then frost sides and top.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating11 people
Wow henrie, this cake looks absolutely beautiful! I bet its very moist too. Saving this.kimmer in Dunedin loved it
This sounds so delicious! I know I will try this for my boyfriends birthday.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
WOW, and it's sooooooooo easy!! I just made your wonderful Banana nut cake! I'll gain weight for sure on your goodies.. got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it