Jugged ChickenFrom pink 7 years ago
- 1 3-1/2 pound chicken (use thighs and drumsticks) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 jar pearl onions (in canned vegetable aisle) shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 8 oz prosciutto, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/3 cup Port shopping list
- 1/3 cup brandy shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rub chicken with butter and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to large, heavy, deep casserole.
- Combine onions and all remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake until chicken is done, about 55 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with crusty bread; white rice makes a great side dish, using the extra juices from the chicken.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating5 people
This is AMAZING!shuga in United States loved it
Wow!I don't know WHICH flavour I'm liking first -- the proscuitto? garlic? port, brandy & wine??? Mustard or pearl onions??.....This is dynamite, Pink :) Thank you !!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
How different, always up for new things to do with an ol' standby Chicken! :)noir in Boston loved it