Jugged ChickenFrom pink 9 years ago
- 1 3-1/2 pound chicken (use thighs and drumsticks) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 jar pearl onions (in canned vegetable aisle) shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 8 oz prosciutto, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/3 cup Port shopping list
- 1/3 cup brandy shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rub chicken with butter and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to large, heavy, deep casserole.
- Combine onions and all remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake until chicken is done, about 55 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with crusty bread; white rice makes a great side dish, using the extra juices from the chicken.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating5 people
Sounds delish. Thanks Pink.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I really love your recipe. Thanksberry in Winter Park loved it
How different, always up for new things to do with an ol' standby Chicken! :)noir in Boston loved it