Vincents Crab CakesFrom sparow64 9 years ago
- 1 1-lb can lump crab meat( pick through to remove shells ) shopping list
- 3 oz minced onion shopping list
- 2 oz minced celery shopping list
- 2 oz minced red pepper shopping list
- 1 tblsp chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tblsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs ( I use panko bread crumbs ) shopping list
- juice of ½ lemon shopping list
- 2 oz white wine shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- paprika ( for dusting crab cakes before baking ) shopping list
- melted butter shopping list
- 6 large portabello mushrooms - for serving shopping list
- Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced shopping list
- ** My additions: fresh grated parmesan and fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-stick pan add two tbsp butter.
- Sauté the onion, red pepper and celery until translucent, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, beaten egg and baking powder.
- Mix together.
- When mixed thoroughly add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Grease/spray a cookie sheet or baking pan and set the oven at 375 degrees.
- Spoon on in approximately 3 oz portions leaving space between each cake as these will expand in the oven.
- Dust with paprika and drizzle melted butter over each crab cake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until browned.
- Serve on a portabello mushroom
- Top with fresh grated parmesan and fresh parsley
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
Sounds like a winner. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting :)donman in Hammond loved it
I love crab cakes and I know I will ty this recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it