Vincents Crab CakesFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1 1-lb can lump crab meat( pick through to remove shells ) shopping list
- 3 oz minced onion shopping list
- 2 oz minced celery shopping list
- 2 oz minced red pepper shopping list
- 1 tblsp chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tblsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs ( I use panko bread crumbs ) shopping list
- juice of ½ lemon shopping list
- 2 oz white wine shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- paprika ( for dusting crab cakes before baking ) shopping list
- melted butter shopping list
- 6 large portabello mushrooms - for serving shopping list
- Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced shopping list
- ** My additions: fresh grated parmesan and fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-stick pan add two tbsp butter.
- Sauté the onion, red pepper and celery until translucent, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, beaten egg and baking powder.
- Mix together.
- When mixed thoroughly add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Grease/spray a cookie sheet or baking pan and set the oven at 375 degrees.
- Spoon on in approximately 3 oz portions leaving space between each cake as these will expand in the oven.
- Dust with paprika and drizzle melted butter over each crab cake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until browned.
- Serve on a portabello mushroom
- Top with fresh grated parmesan and fresh parsley
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
Wolf loves crab cakes, have hunger will travel....LOL... great post, dave
wolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I love crab cakes and I know I will ty this recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it