Chicken PuffsFrom wynnebaer 6 years ago
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tbls. flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tbls. parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 tbls. parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325
- Separate eggs and discard 2 yolks
- Put whites in one bowl and yolks in another, set aside
- Lightly grease 2 qt. casserole, set aside
- Whisk together milk, flour, mustard, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in parsley and parmesan cheese
- Whisk egg yolks until light.
- Slowly stir in some hot mixture to yolks
- Return to saucepan
- Cook, whisking for a minute until blended (Do not boil)
- Stir in chicken
- Beat egg whites with hand mixer on high until soft peaks form
- Stir 1/4 of the whites into the chicken mixture
- Gently fold in the remaining whites
- Spoon into casserole
- Bake for 40 minutes
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating6 people
the recipe is so close to a chicken soufflé - sounds fantastic - I will try this for sure - you got my rating too! and also just happen to love the photo you chose to go with this dish!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
You are definitely a keeper, kid!
So are the picture and recipe, very different!
Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
parmsen cheese yes please.. i love the chicken pic 22muchmuffintop in Ashburton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!