Onion JamFrom dee 8 years ago
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. white or red onions -- sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar (or sherry wine vinegar) shopping list
- 1 c. white wine (red wine if using sherry wine vinegar) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan until the foam subsides.
- Add the onions, salt, pepper and sugar, stirring well.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat, simmering for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red wine vinegar, white wine, uncover the pan and continue
- cooking 60 to 90 minutes over low heat.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookdee Tampa, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!