Mustard Cognac Grilled SteaksFrom ddougee 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup cognac shopping list
- ¼ cup port wine shopping list
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard shopping list
- 2 -3 pounds trimmed steaks ( Ribeye or New York Strip) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl. Pour marinade into large resealable zip-loc plastic bag. Add steaks, seal bag, and chill 1 day, turning bag occasionally.
- Spray large ridged skillet or grill pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat or pre-heat outdoor grill to medium high.
- Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry; discard marinade.
- Salt and pepper both sides of dried off steak.
- Place steaks in hot skillet ( or grill ) and cook until well browned and thermometer inserted into center registers 125°F to 130°F for medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side. Its best to just turn the steaks once!
- Transfer steaks to carving board.
- Immediately spread a thin layer of wholegrain mustard on this side of the beef. The heat will melt the mustard slightly and allow the flavor to penetrate the meat.
- Allow the beef time to rest for about 3 minutes - this will make it easier to cut.
- Slice steaks thinly across grain. Arrange on platter; spoon any accumulated juices over and serve.