Wickedly Good Whoopie PiesFrom zena824 6 years ago
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup 1 % lowfat milk shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons marshmellow cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees; coat baking sheets with non stick spray.
- For the batter, beat first 5 ingredients in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, then cocoa until blended.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly beat in milk until blended.
- By hand, stir in flour.
- Drop level teaspoons 2 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.; repeat with remaining batter.
- With a wooden spoon, vigorously mix all ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons onto flat side of half the cookies; top each with another cookie, pressing to adhere.
People Who Like This Dish 55
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating13 people
Love Whoopie pies!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh wow! I can't wait to try this!oregongrandma in loved it
Shirley, you went right to my heart with this one. They remind me of the Pinwheel cookies I had as a kid...yes they had cookies when I was a kid. LOLgramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!