Wickedly Good Whoopie PiesFrom zena824 6 years ago
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup 1 % lowfat milk shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons marshmellow cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees; coat baking sheets with non stick spray.
- For the batter, beat first 5 ingredients in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, then cocoa until blended.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly beat in milk until blended.
- By hand, stir in flour.
- Drop level teaspoons 2 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.; repeat with remaining batter.
- With a wooden spoon, vigorously mix all ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons onto flat side of half the cookies; top each with another cookie, pressing to adhere.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating13 people
Love Whoopie pies!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh wow! I can't wait to try this!oregongrandma in loved it
Shirley, you went right to my heart with this one. They remind me of the Pinwheel cookies I had as a kid...yes they had cookies when I was a kid. LOLgramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!