Asian-Inspired Meatballs with Coconut BrothFrom c2max 6 years ago
- 1 C lite coconut milk shopping list
- 2 ½ TB soy sauce shopping list
- 1 TB curry powder shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground pork or beef shopping list
- ½ C chopped scallions shopping list
- ¼ C minced leek, white and pale green part only shopping list
- 2 TB cornstarch shopping list
- 1 TB all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 TB toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 TB finely chopped fresh ginger (+/- depending on tastes) shopping list
- 2 tsp seeded and minced fresh chile pepper (+/-) shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 med head boston lettuce (red leaf lettuce is nice too) shopping list
- ¼ C chopped fresh basil (Thai basil if you can get it) shopping list
- 1 TB freshly grated lemon zest (fresh is important) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine coconut milk, soy sauce and curry powder in a large saucepan. Set aside.
- 2. Place pork (or beef), scallions, leek, cornstarch, flour, sesame oil, ginger, chile, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Knead by hand until thoroughly combined and the mixture becomes sticky. Divide into 10 equal portions, about 1/4 C each. Roll each portion into
- a ball.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, swirling to coat the sides. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- 4. Bring the coconut-milk mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs; cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 8 minutes.
- 5. Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves. Arrange the meatballs on top. Garnish with basil and lemon zest. Serve hot with the coconut-milk sauce drizzled over the top or on the side for dipping.
- ** You can cover and refrigerate the meatball mixture (Step 2 OR Step 3 after the meatballs brown) for up to 2 days.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookc2max Naperville, IL
The Rating4 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
What a fabulous cocktail meatball this one will be!! Thanks for posting it, C2Max :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
wow wee this does sound great...........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!