Leahs Great Grilled Cheese SandwichesFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- Two slices of multi-grained bread for heartiness shopping list
- 1 tablespoon or less of pesto (we had homemade pesto I had made earlier) shopping list
- 4 slices of grilled onions (we had made loads of grilled veggies the night before) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each of mayonnaise and mustard shopping list
- 3 ounces of Monterey cheese shopping list
- 1 ounce of crumbled goat cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or more shopping list
How to make it
- Take two slices and open them up so that when placed back together, their ridges match - to help prevent cheese from oozing out when cooking.
- On one side of sliced bread, spread pesto all over slice. On other slice, spread mayonnaise and mustard. Ground and sprinkle fresh ground cracked pepper onto slices if you wish and a sprinkle of kosher or sea salt.
- Add grilled onions on one side, then sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and put thin slices on Monterey cheese on top, close up sandwich and place into warm skillet.
- Add butter to skillet and turn on heat to medium low, allowing butter to melt.
- Add sandwich to skillet to cook. Grilling sandwich slowly on low heat will allow enough time for cheese to melt without burning your sandwich bread. Flip sandwich and cook the other side.
- Serve this great grilled cheese sandwich up with your favorite soup or salad for a complete meal that will knock your socks off!
- My boyfriend selected cheddar cheese and grilled eggplant for his sandwich as the photos show.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating8 people
Yeah baby.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Oh Yeah my kind of sandwich....:)coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
Gosh this sounds GREAT!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!