Semi Dried TomatoesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- COOKING TIME IS FROM 4 TO 16 HOURS shopping list
- ----------------------------------------- shopping list
- 20 roma (egg) tomatoes shopping list
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano (if you can't get fresh oregano, try fresh thyme or basil before settling for dried oregano) shopping list
- sea salt flakes shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
- Fine white powdered/icing sugar shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to approx 230 fahrenheit
- Cut each tomato in half lengthwise and arrange on a drying/cooling rack.
- Set rack on a baking pan/sheet.
- Drizzle oil lightly along the rows of tomato halves.
- Strip the leaves off the stems of oregano and sprinkle liberally over tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dust very lightly with powdered/icing sugar.
- Place tray and rack in oven and leave for at least 4 hours, taste one at this point, if you like them drier keep going, up to 16 hours for very dry.
- If they won't be consumed within a couple of days store them covered in oil, (but please use a nice virgin oil, not a vegetable oil over your beautiful tomatoes).
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
thanks Joymarie ,always wanted to know how to dry tomatoes,thanks for the lesson, GF
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
this is a wonderful recipe... I've never dried my with the addition of a little powdered sugar.. that is just what I was missing... 5 in my bookpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
great recipe, thankscheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!