Quick Skillet BreadFrom knoxcop 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a heavy 12 inch skillet (pref non stick) heat 1 tablespoon of your fat.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Quickly stir in buttermilk until just moistened.
- Place batter into the melted fat, spreading batter across pan.
- Place lid onto skillet.
- Cook bread, covered, over low to med heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Lift one side of the bread gently, with large turner, and flip.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet before the final flip.
- Continue to cook other side for 10-12 minutes,
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite butter and condiments.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating5 people
I'm going to have to try this..... This looks interesting and delicious...neena51 in Hollywood loved it
Hey Knox.... this sound fabulous.....Love it!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Wow, Knox - this sounds great! What a great way to make it, too...thanks so much.lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!