Quick Skillet BreadFrom knoxcop 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a heavy 12 inch skillet (pref non stick) heat 1 tablespoon of your fat.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Quickly stir in buttermilk until just moistened.
- Place batter into the melted fat, spreading batter across pan.
- Place lid onto skillet.
- Cook bread, covered, over low to med heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Lift one side of the bread gently, with large turner, and flip.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet before the final flip.
- Continue to cook other side for 10-12 minutes,
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite butter and condiments.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating5 people
This looks really interesting. I wish I had some buttermilk in the house. I'm going to bookmark this to try. Thanks!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Made this for breakfast this morning. Really very good. Tasted like a big pancake! I topped mine with orange marmalade. Added my picture.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I made this because i was looking for a quick stovetop bread recipe! I had some leftover smoked pork pieces that I fried to a crisp. So I added that ontop of this batter before I flipped it over. Other than that, I made this recipe exactly as written...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!