Philly Cheese Steak CasseroleFrom chacha 9 years ago
- (6 oz) wide egg noodles shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb. beef, boneless sirloin steak, about 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can fat-free and sodium reduced beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour shopping list
- Note: The recipe calls for 1/4 cup but I find a couple of Tablespoons do the trick. shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, fat-free or regular shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, reduced-fat or regular, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 11 x 7 inch (2 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, remove any fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Heat a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook beef and pepper in skillet 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is lightly brown.
- Stir in onions and bell pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat broth and flour with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add to skillet and heat to boiling.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in half-and-half and mustard.
- Spoon over beef mixture.
- Stir in cooked noodles.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
- Makes 4-6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
- From: Betty Crocker, Quick-to-Fix Casseroles
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating11 people
I really like how this sounds. I've bookmarked it for casserole night.peepers in loved it
Love it! Thank you Chacha.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Great recipe!laadeedaa in loved it