Green Chili Pork StewFrom michellem 10 years ago
- 3 lb. boneless pork roast (cut in 1 inch cubes) shopping list
- 1T. oil shopping list
- 1 cup onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2c. water shopping list
- 1qt. tomatoes shopping list
- 1 or 2 can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 2. cup cubed potatoes shopping list
- 1 T. cilantro shopping list
- 2 t. cumin shopping list
- 2t. oregano shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Brown pork in soup kettle, saute onion and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients except beans.
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Add beans, simmer covered 30 min.
People Who Like This Dish 22
- chef_betsy Felton, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- Bloom63 Edmond, Oklahoma
- LaramieLarry Nowhere, Us
- BunnyM Nowhere, Us
- baldeagle6 Nowhere, Us
- kylee2585 White Cloud, MI
- markasherman Littleton, CO
- bluefreckle21 Saint Petersburg, FL
- Plus 12 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating7 people
This is close to a classic Mexican Chilaquiles dish. The only thing I would do differently would be to use roasted fresh green chiles instead of canned but I could how the canned would be quicker and easier. Very nice recipe thanks. This will be o...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Mmmm the best chili I ever had was green pork chili and I've been looking for a good recipe ever since. This is it! It was for an office chili cookoff and the guy got second because the judges said chili shouldn't be green... They weren't the judges...moreshepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
This is one of the best Pork green chili recipe I've ever had!!! Fire roasted green chili would be a great way to spruce up this already awesome recipe. I used Anaheim Peppers finely chopped for heat. Add a little when cooking this one and it will...moreglatt654 in westminster loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!