Tootsie Roll CheesecakeFrom jett2whit 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 Cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups white granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 lb. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 Cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 8 oz. Tootsie rolls shopping list
- 1/3 Cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the butter. Mix well
- Lightly butter a 10 inch round 2 inch deep cake pan.
- DON'T USE A SPRINGFORM PAN AS THE BATTER IS TOO THIN!!
- Press crumb mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar until smooth, scraping sides of bowl often.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla, beating well until smooth.
- Melt Tootsie Rolls in top of a double boiler.
- Stir in cream, then add to cream cheese mixture mixing well
- Pour over crust.
- Place cake pan in another large deep pan.
- POUR WATER AROUND CAKE PAN TO A DEPTH OF ABOUT 1 1/2 INCHES.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for about 2 hours or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool, then chill several hours or overnight.
- TRICKY PART
- To remove from pan, heat outside of pan slightly and cake will drop out. Invert onto serving platter
- Makes 16 servings
People Who Like This Dish 12
- silverqueen Albany, GA
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- fizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- pinkpasta Upstate, SC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- taylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- mejnoona Everett, MA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating8 people
Going to make this tomorrow thanks for a great recipe!!!
Have a great evening!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
Sounds great, tootsie rolls are my dad's favorite. Will make this one for him!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
jett this sounds greatminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it