Macadamia And White Chocolate Chunk CookiesFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, finely diced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips shopping list
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped coarsely (I like big chunks in mine!) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Stir in coconut, egg, half-and-half and vanilla, mixing together well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; thoroughly mix into the dough.
- Add white chocolate and nuts, gently folding them into the cookie dough - try not to eat too much of the dough (I know, I know...I shouldn't be eating cookie dough with raw egg in it, but I buy the pastuerized eggs so I don't have to worry about it!).
- Drop by spoonful onto lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 12 minutes - watch them closely until you see how long it takes your oven to bake the cookies to just a slightly browned outer edge, and ever so slightly undercooked in the center.
- Allow cookies to cool about 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet and placing on waxed paper to cool completely. If you try to remove the cookies too soon, they may want to break (because of the soft texture in the middle).
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating9 people
LOVE these cookies - thanks for sharing Krum. = )sunny in Portland loved it
These are the best cookies! We love the combination of white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Thanks for posting! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Love cookies this one looks like a winner to me!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!