Gazpacho A Cold Spanish SoupFrom oldgringo 9 years ago
- 2 peeled, minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 peeled, seeded, chopped, large cucumber shopping list
- 1 chopped, medium onion shopping list
- 2 seeded, chopped, green bell peppers shopping list
- 4 whole ripe tomatoes; chopped with juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon, juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 6 cups tomato juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons celery leaves; chopped fine shopping list
How to make it
- Drop the garlic clove into the processor while running. This will mince the garlic.
- Stop processing and coarsely cut up the other vegetables into the processor.
- Pulse the processor a few burst to chop them. Remove some of the vegetables if you like your soup chunky.
- Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 1 or 2 cups of tomato juice and seasonings and process. Stop processing and pour into large bowl or jar.
- Add back the chunky vegetables and the rest of the tomato juice. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Adjust seasoning and serve cold as a soup garnished with celery leaves.
- Serve with chunks of French bread for sopping.
- Note: Gazpacho originally came from Seville, Spain. The word "gazpacho" is derived from the Arabic meaning "soaked bread." Many of the gazpacho recipes, and there are many variations, call for the bread or bread crumbs to be incorporated into the soup.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating5 people
Love Gazpacho. Haven't had it in a while, this will be a good one to try soon. It will be even better when my own tomatoes come in. Thanks for the post.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Perfect. Thanks Gringo.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
This is so delicious - great recipe! Thanks so much, Richard...lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!