Chicken Pot PieFrom dooley 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups diced or shredded chicken( I usually use 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. bnls. chicken thighs, the thigh meat gives great flavor. I just bring it to a boil and cook 15 min. cool and cut up, this will yield your 2 1/2 cups of meat), you can also use turkey instead of chicken shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed ( I use generic brand with diced carrots, corn, peas, green beans, etc.) shopping list
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425, set out pie crusts according to direction to thaw to room temp.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat . Add onion and cook a few minutes until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk, cooking until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in Chicken and vegetables. Remove from heat and spoon into crust-lined 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Top with second crust, seal and flute edge, cut several slits in top of pie crust.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown (after about 15 min. I put a strip of foil around the edge of crust to prevent over browning)
- Let sit 5 minutes or so before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookdooley Crossroads, TX
The Rating7 people
This is so good! My family requests it often, and you're right no left overs:o)alaskanmom in Wasilla loved it
I'll fix it, Dooley!! I NEED more country
5 FORKS and * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
FIVER, Dooley. My only exception is that I like to make the pastry from scratch! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!