The 60-Penny nail Baking PotatoeFrom kismet 8 years ago
- Go to you lumber yard and buy a few 60-penny nails,(these are large nails about the size of a lead pincil and about 5" long) Wash the nails. shopping list
- Buy Red Skin potatoes such as the Pontiac potatoes,the red skinned potatoe is far better then the others today that is sold for baking potatoes. shopping list
- Run the 60-penny nail through the potatoe lengthwise ,leaving the nail protruding out of each end. shopping list
- The slice a patch of skin off from the side of the potatoe as big as a nickle. This patch lets off moisture from the potatoe when it first begins to bake preventing any toughness developing.After the potato bakes a short time this open patch seals over. shopping list
- The nail causes the potatoe to bake from the inside and out,making the potatoe flaky shopping list
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes shopping list
- Serve the potatoe with the nail in so as to keep the potatoe at the right temperature until opened. Remove the nail . shopping list
- Enjoy shopping list
How to make it
- We will number these for you! Just hit 'enter' after every step.
The Cookkismet TX
The Rating6 people
This is really cool. Thanks for sharing it with us. It gets a five from me :)donman in Hammond loved it
I have heard about this a long time ago! Thanks for posting since I obviously forgot about it. Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
We have done this... years ago.. with the cost fuel and elec... will have to do again.. save $..
We use nails with a square of good.. wood.. not the treated.. for corn on the cob.. for a crowd.. smaller nait though!
Great pos...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!