Cajun Blackened FishFrom betty_boop 7 years ago
- 8(8-10) redfish fillets (now other types ) shopping list
- 2 sticks of melted butter. 2 tbsps. paprika shopping list
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic, shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano, shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt, shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper , shopping list
- 1 stick of butter melted for garnish. shopping list
How to make it
- They (Chefs ) recommends cooking this dish outside on a propane burner due to the large amount of smoke. ...created during cooking.
- Pre heat oven to 250 degrees
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat at least 7-10 minutes or until almost white hot.
- Skillet cannot be too hot for this dish. In a flat bowl, place 2 sticks melted butter. dip fillets in butter, 2-3 at a time, coating each side well.
- Lay butter-coatedfillets on a large platter. In a mixing bowl, thouroughtly combine all seasonings.
- Sprinkle both sides of each fillet gererously with seasoning mixture. PAT seasonings gently into fish.
- Place fish into hot skillet, 2pieces at a time , being careful as butter may IGNITE monentarily.
- Cook uncovered 2 minutes or until underside lookds charred. turn fish over and pour 1 tablespoon butter on each fillet.
- Cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove fish to a large cookie sheet and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat proces with remaqining fillets.
- To serve, place 1 fillet in the center of a plate and top with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
The Rating7 people
Another five! Keep them coming :)donman in Hammond loved it
Wow! Somebody that knows how to do blackened fish. Yeah baby. I think Chef Paul should run for president.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Now this make my mouth water.. High 5.....shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!