Dads Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom borius 6 years ago
- SOUP: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter. shopping list
- 2 table spoons garlic, minced. shopping list
- 2 whole boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed into 1/2” pieces. shopping list
- 28 ounce can diced stewed tomatoes, juice included. shopping list
- 12 ounces salsa, hot, from a jar in a rush, homemade if you have time. See my simply smashing salsa recipe. shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro, rinsed and chopped fine. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin. shopping list
- CONDIMENTS: shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas, slices into 1/2" slices. shopping list
- sour cream. shopping list
- monterey jack cheese, grated. shopping list
- cilantro leaves. shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until it starts to turn color, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is just starting to brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, and cumin.
- Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Slice tortillas into half inch strips, then cut strips in half.
- BOWL PREP:
- Place some tortilla strips in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add some of the grated cheese.
- Ladle hot soup over the cheese and tortilla strips.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a few tortilla strips, and a little cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- DAMN that's good!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookborius Klamath Falls, OR
The Rating7 people
Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh yes already printed to try. Thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
I will be bookmarking this one too!!! Thanks so much.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!