White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Dated 1977From chefmeow 5 years ago
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled, rinsed and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1/4 pound salted butter shopping list
- 1/2 pound sharp white cheddar cheese grated shopping list
- 2 ounces sour cream shopping list
- 4 ounces heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of salted cold water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer 15 minutes then drain in colander for 5 minutes.
- Place drained potatoes in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment and mix until smooth.
- Remove paddle attachment and replace with whip attachment.
- Whip in soft butter and sour cream on low speed just long enough to incorporate ingredients.
- Move up to medium low speed for 15 seconds.
- Add seasonings and cheese then whip on medium low for 10 seconds.
- Add cream then whip on low until incorporated.
- Turn up speed and whip until everything is incorporated for about 20 seconds.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating10 people
OH YEAH BABY!! - I LOVE white cheddar! Thanks for sharing. High 5 to you!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Love cheese and mashed potatoes!! I am bookmarking this. Thanks.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Cat.. this is a winner... for sure. I had this recipe and lost it.. Thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!