Tomato Mozzarella Red pepper Stuffed LoafFrom ruskingirl 9 years ago
- 1 1 lb. loaf sourdough bread shopping list
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes (about three cups) shopping list
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbl. pesto shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the top third off the loaf of bread and scoop out 2 cups of bread from the bottom section. (saved scooped bread for croutons or bread crumbs later). Put the two pieces of bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Bake about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, peppers and pine nuts. When bread is toasted, brush cut sides with pesto and spoon the tomato mixture into the bottom section. Put the top section on and wrap the whole loaf with foil. Bake wrapped loaf about 30 minutes or until warmed through. Unwrap and cut loaf into 4 or 6 wedges; serve immediately.