Celebration Ice Cream Cone CakeFrom hottamale 6 years ago
- 1 cake mix shopping list
- ice cream ( i used approximately 1 gal.) shopping list
- 1 box of ice cream cones shopping list
- 1 can of frosting shopping list
- 8oz. cream cheese shopping list
- Karo syrup shopping list
- coarse colored sugar or sprinkles shopping list
- garnishes of choice; ex: maraschino cherries, reeses pb cups, whipped cream. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in 2 - 8" cake pans.
- Cool layers completely on wire racks.
- Spread 1/2 gallon of your ice cream of choice in the same cake pan the cake was baked in. (The pan should be washed & lined with plastic wrap.)
- Freeze the ice cream layer until firm.
- Beat the can of frosting and cream cheese until smooth & set aside for frosting the cake.
- Brush ice cream cones with Karo syrup and roll in coarse, colored sugar if desired.
- Working quickly: place the ice cream between the two layers of cake, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Apply frosting to the cake, smoothing the surface as you go. Return cake to freezer.
- While the cake is in the freezer: cut enough ice cream cones in half to circle the diameter of the cake.
- Remove cake from freezer & press the ice cream cone halves into the side of the cake as shown in the photo.
- Place additional ice cream cones circling the top of the cake with an additional cone in the center. (these cones can be attached with a drop of icing on the bottom of the cone.)
- Add decorative touches to cake with remaining frosting if desired.
- Fill cones with ice cream of choice & garnish with candy & cherries if desired. Return cake to freezer.
- Remove cake from freezer approximately 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookhottamale Canton, OH
The Rating3 people
I love making cakes and decorating.This is a new for me and can not wait to make it. Great idea thanksnanny in Haddam loved it