Spaghetti Squash With White Bean Provencal South Beach FriendlyFrom ruskingirl 7 years ago
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) spaghetti squash shopping list
- 1 tsp. roasted garlic-flavored vegetable oil (I use olive oil and 1 clove of minced garlic) shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced leek (about one leek) shopping list
- 2 (16-oz) cans navy beans, drained shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 Tbl. ripe olives, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash squash, cut in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a 13" x 9" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender, let cool slightly. Using a fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from squash, discard shell. Place strands on a platter; set aside and keep warm.
- Coat a saucepan with cooking spray, add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add leek and saute` 3 minutes or until tender. Add beans and tomatoes; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in olives and next 3 ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated. Spoon over squash.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating6 people
Sounds delicious and different!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wow - this sounds fantastic! I love dishes like this...thanks so much.lunasea in Orlando loved it
Looks like dinner tonight for me. Fits well with what I have in the pantry. I do believe I'll change it just a tad and reduce the amount of beans to 1 can and add 6 oz of grilled chicken. Then it will fit what's in the pantry perfectly.
-----...moreotterpond in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!