Luscious Lemon Sour Cream CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix shopping list
- 4 ounces butter, softened shopping list
- 8 ounces sour cream, reduced fat is fine shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, about 2 to 3 teaspoons shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan. Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat slowly with
- electric mixer until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Spoon into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate and
- cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a thin icing or lemon glaze.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating12 people
This looks great! I bet this is a moist one...5 from me!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
Yummmmm, love anything with lemon and pound cake is one of my favorites, sounds sooooooo good!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I have 2 lucious lemons sitting in my fridge right now, given to me from our neighbor's tree. They are huge! I think I will make this cake tomorrow.Sour cream makes cake batter so moist. You got my 5! Thanks for this post Henrie.jeffsgirl in Medford loved it