Tomato Basil SoupFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- basil leaves (optional for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in the broth, salt, and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Place half of the soup in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour pureed soup into a bowl, and repeat procedure with remaining soup. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- housewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- chelby1969 Alliance, Ohio
- Wanjoyhei Nowhere, Us
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- klemarus Ust'-Labinsk, Russia
- suninah Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
- dkglover Charlottesville, VA
- bullydog Nowhere, Us
- allthingshealth Nowhere, Us
- adanddfanatic Nowhere, Us
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating6 people
I am loving it, one of my two favorite soups. Thanks for the post.
ebonyeyedenigma in Seattle loved it
This is a tasty soup and I've made it several times. You rock, Marky - thank you!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Great! Thaks for saring. Can't wait to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it