Bloody Mary Pot RoastFrom juliecake 5 years ago
- 1 3 lb boneless beef roast shopping list
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 T oil shopping list
- 3/4 c Bloody Mary mix shopping list
- 6 T vodka shopping list
- 1 T prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/2 t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 t cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut several slits in roast, making each slit about 1/2 " long and 1" deep. Insert a small slice of garlic into each slit.
- In a 4 qt Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Remove from heat. Drain off fat. In a small bowl, combine Bloody Mary mix, 4 T of the vodka, horseradish, Worcestershire and minced garlic; carefully pour over the roast. Bake covered, for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until very tender. Transfer to a platter, reserving juices. Keep meat warm.
- For gravy, measure cooking juices, skim off fat. If necessary add enough water to juices to total 1 1/2 c liquid. Return juices to Dutch oven. Stir together remaining 2 T vodka and the cornstarch; stir into cooking juics. Cook and stir over med heat until bubbly, cook and stir for 1 min more. Slice meat thinly across grain, serve with gravy
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating3 people
I'm trying this out tomorrow! It does sound delicious so went out and bought some bloody mary mix and vodka. I'll rate when I've tasted it, but I can bet it will be a 5!!
Nancperlandra in Rapid City loved it
Yessireeee! Rated at a 5! Wow! Who would have thought to use bloody mary mix and vodka and it tastes so wonderful! My husband was very impressed. Especially because I never make gravy and I did and it was excellent. Will be making this when we have c...moreperlandra in Rapid City loved it
LOVE this! Thank you Juliecake.. Did you see my Bloody Mary aka "late for church" ?? This has to be wonderful....
Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it