Eggplant PaniniFrom juliecake 9 years ago
- 1 c arugula shopping list
- 2 t red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 t olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 c seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 T grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 T milk shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 med eggplant,cut crosswise into 1/2' thick slices shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 12" plain or seasoned Italian focaccia, halved horizontally shopping list
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl toss together the arugula, vinegar and the 1 t oil, set aside. In a shallow dish, stir together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In a shallow dish, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl combine and salt. Coat eggplant slices with flour mixture, dip into egg mixture and finally coat both sides with crumb mixture
- In frying pan heat the 1 T oil over med heat. Add eggplant slices; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown. (Add more oil as needed during frying) Topp the eggplant with mozzrella cheese, reduce heat to low. Cover and cook just until cheese begins to melt.
- To serve, place the eggplant slices, cheese side up on bottom half of bread. Top with the arugula mixture, tomato slices and top half of bread. Cut into wedges. Makes 6 servings
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating5 people
This is so very close to what I've made that I HAD to rate it a 5! This sandwich is absolute heaven and worth preparing, even if you don't think you like eggplant. It's delicious!
I'd thought about writing up the recipe but got lazy, as I woul...morethepiggs in loved it
Try using Provolone or smoked provolone instead of mozzarella cheese. All are good but I love using Provolone.
I've also used a marinara, instead of vinegar and oil, making it more of an eggplant parmesan.
thepiggs in loved it
I love eggplant and panini's. This sounds fabulous. Thank you for posting.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it