Sour Cream and Mushroom PieFrom noir 7 years ago
- 12-16 oz. fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 9 inch pie shell shopping list
- 3 tbs. butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. tarragon leaves, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- * Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- * Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 4 cups); set aside.
- * Roll pastry 1/8-inch thick; fit into 9 inch pie pan; turn under and flute edges; prick with fork tines. Bake for 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- * In a large skillet, melt 1 tbs. of the butter. Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- * Melt remaining 2 tbs. of butter in skillet; add mushrooms. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- * In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add sour cream, salt, tarragon, and black pepper; mix well.
- * Reserve 1/3 of the mushrooms; add remaining sautéed mushrooms and onion to sour cream mixture; mix well.
- * Pour into partially baked pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- * Heat reserved sautéed mushrooms until hot. Arrange on top of pie. Let pie stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- ****When I made the rustic tart pictured above, I reduced everything to 2/3: 2 T butter, 1 lb. mushrooms, etc. I then rolled the crust out with a rolling pin as large as I could make it, piled the mushroom-onion mixture in the middle, and pulled the edges up around the filling. I baked it for only 35 minutes.****
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
This looks incredible! Thanks!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
Love it Noir!*wink*pink in USA loved it
This looks fantastic, Noir! I've eaten something very similar in a restaurant and loved it, so I cannot wait to try your recipe. Thanks so much!!lunasea in Orlando loved it