The Lemonade SconeFrom noir 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven 260*C (500*F)
- Place the warmed cream and room temperature
- lemonade into the sifted flour.
- Mix quickly by hand.
- This makes an extremely wet mixture, pour out onto a well
- floured board and quickly seal the outside with extra flour.
- Cut into desired shape using a sharp scone/biscuit cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Because of the moisture in this mixture, these scones take longer than a 'normal' scone to cook.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown on top
- Cool on a rack, best eaten when warm with butter, strawberry jam and topped with whipped thickened cream or creme fraiche light...(see my recipe)
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
Yeesh... I cannot keep up with you... I am trying to do my own recipe work,,,and you keep posting incredible sounding drinks and desserts! I must stop what I am doing and stop by to read your incredible delights! rofl... have a great day! cheers!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
These sound wonderful! Thanks!waterlily in Joplin loved it
Well,now I know what I'll be having for breakfast! *wink*pink in USA loved it