April Fools Day The Meatloaf CakeFrom momto4 6 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare your favorite meatloaf recipe as you normally would, but, before baking, divide the mixture into the two round cake pans and pat it flat
- Bake as usual, but shorten the cooking time (these thinner meatloaves won't take nearly as long to cook).
- While the meatloaf is in the oven, make a batch of mashed potatoes, adding a little extra milk to them and whipping them with an electric beater until they are fluffy and spreadable
- When the meatloaves are done, invert one of them onto a round plate
- Cover the meat with a thick, even layer of mashed potatoes.
- Place the other meatloaf on top of the potato layer, and finish frosting the "cake" with the remaining potatoes
- Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes to look like cherries
- Just before serving, decorate the top of your cake with ketchup. Write a personalized message, or just a simple "Happy April Fool's Day!"
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmomto4 Orillia, On, Canada, CA
The Rating8 people
hahahahahahaha...........how neet is this.......nice postgrizzlybear in loved it
With you all the way, grizzlybear!I've added this to the Food Jokes group! And a 5 to you, Momto4!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
ha ha ha will have to keep this one, great post
my hubby's going to love this baby!
might have to make a christmas cake l;olcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it