Shrimp and Pasta with Creole Cream SauceFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed frozen shimp can be substituted) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning shopping list
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Toss shrimp with Creole seasoning; set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add green onions and garlic to skillet; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in cream and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp and parsley.
- Toss with pasta. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Serve immediately.