Home Made PizzaFrom uk2nyc 9 years ago
- For the crust : shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbs dried yeast or bakers yeast shopping list
- 2 tbs dried or fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 glass warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- For the sauce and toppings as shown in the pic: shopping list
- 4 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 500 grams of Fresh mozzarella shopping list
- 12 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 15 slivers of Authentic Italian pepperoni ( the one i used is from Puglia) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes ( if you want it a little spicy) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix your yeast in one glass of warm water and keep aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt, flour and baking soda.
- Stir well with your hands
- Add your rosemary and olive oil and mix further
- Add your yeast water to this mixture
- Knead until soft bread dough consistency ( note use more or less water as required)
- You can always add more flour if the dough gets soggy.
- Once its kneaded into a soft ball, place it in the mixing bowl, cover with a damp towel and keep in warm spot to let rise for 2-3 hours.
- In a pot add your olive oil and when warm add your garlic and onions
- Stir a couple of times until slightly opaque
- Add your salt, tomatoes and oregano, cover and simmer for 15 mins
- Add your red pepper flakes, if using
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and the sauce is of medium thickness turn off the gas and let sit to cool.
- Making and Cooking the Pizza:
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees
- Knead the risen dough into a smooth large ball
- Place on a clean rolling surface and starting in the middle roll the pizza into the thickness and shape you desire
- Oil a large baking sheet and place it on a large cool oven baking insert
- Place the rolled pizza onto the baking sheet and stretch the pizza dough a little bit with your fingers.
- Add your tomato sauce using a ladle, or smooth with your clean fingers, making sure you also spread some to the crust ring.
- Place your basil leaves and liberally sprinkle all the copped mozzarella on the pizza, evenly.
- Add your pepperoni or you can leave it VEG.
- Place in the preheated oven and let it cook for a good 15 min.
- Turn on your oven grill and cook for another 3 min, until the cheese turns light golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5-8 min ,before slicing and serving
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating4 people
Yummmm! This sounds perfect! I love homemade pizza! Thanks, uk2nyc! :) Hope you have a great weekend! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
Your pizza recipe sounds heavenly. My kind of pizza.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
LOOKS SO GOODburgandy26 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!