Home Made PizzaFrom uk2nyc 6 years ago
- For the crust : shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbs dried yeast or bakers yeast shopping list
- 2 tbs dried or fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 glass warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- For the sauce and toppings as shown in the pic: shopping list
- 4 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 500 grams of Fresh mozzarella shopping list
- 12 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 15 slivers of Authentic Italian pepperoni ( the one i used is from Puglia) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes ( if you want it a little spicy) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix your yeast in one glass of warm water and keep aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt, flour and baking soda.
- Stir well with your hands
- Add your rosemary and olive oil and mix further
- Add your yeast water to this mixture
- Knead until soft bread dough consistency ( note use more or less water as required)
- You can always add more flour if the dough gets soggy.
- Once its kneaded into a soft ball, place it in the mixing bowl, cover with a damp towel and keep in warm spot to let rise for 2-3 hours.
- In a pot add your olive oil and when warm add your garlic and onions
- Stir a couple of times until slightly opaque
- Add your salt, tomatoes and oregano, cover and simmer for 15 mins
- Add your red pepper flakes, if using
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and the sauce is of medium thickness turn off the gas and let sit to cool.
- Making and Cooking the Pizza:
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees
- Knead the risen dough into a smooth large ball
- Place on a clean rolling surface and starting in the middle roll the pizza into the thickness and shape you desire
- Oil a large baking sheet and place it on a large cool oven baking insert
- Place the rolled pizza onto the baking sheet and stretch the pizza dough a little bit with your fingers.
- Add your tomato sauce using a ladle, or smooth with your clean fingers, making sure you also spread some to the crust ring.
- Place your basil leaves and liberally sprinkle all the copped mozzarella on the pizza, evenly.
- Add your pepperoni or you can leave it VEG.
- Place in the preheated oven and let it cook for a good 15 min.
- Turn on your oven grill and cook for another 3 min, until the cheese turns light golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5-8 min ,before slicing and serving
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating4 people
LOOKS SO GOODburgandy26 in loved it
Your pizza recipe sounds heavenly. My kind of pizza.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Yummmm! This sounds perfect! I love homemade pizza! Thanks, uk2nyc! :) Hope you have a great weekend! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!