Leahs Bbq SauceFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
- Ingredients are estimated, since I just pour and stir - but should be rather accurate - adjust to your own liking of course! shopping list
- 1 large onion minced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves or more minced shopping list
- kosher salt and a good amount of fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 4-6 splashes of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 5 tablespoons grainy mustard shopping list
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 cup of ketchup shopping list
- juice of one lemon plus its zest grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 or 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup or more of vinegar - I use a combo 50% balsamic vinegar and 50% apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- couple of shakes of red chili peppers shopping list
- 3 tablespoons jerk seasonings shopping list
- 1+ tablespoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1 to 15 drops of hot sauce (I used a combo of Franks & Tabasco) shopping list
- Add water to thin sauce if you would like. shopping list
How to make it
- In sauce pan, add a little olive oil, and add onions. Sautee till onions are soft. Add all other ingredients to sauce pan and with whisk, stir till combined. Let come to a boil, add water if it is too thick for you - then turn down heat and let simmer for 10 or more minutes. It's now ready to use as a side condiment on anything you like!
- Simply store in sealed container in fridge - good for at least 2 weeks.
- If you wished to use as a marinade, halve it, marinade your chicken, pork, etc. for at least one hour or over night - then cook as you wish - note the sugar content could have some flare ups in you are using your grill so it is best to cook on a low heat.
- You can also baste your grilling meat once it has reached it half way point in being cooked.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating5 people
The grainy Mustard and maple syrup works for me.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This also works for me. Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I'll be trying this for sure. Wow - it sounds amazing. Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it