Warm Spinach Salad with Cannellini Beans and ShrimpFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound baby spinach (7 cups) shopping list
- 3 slices of bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Spread the spinach on a large platter. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook it with the bacon over moderately high heat until just white throughout, about 4 minutes. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper and toss until heated through, about 1 minute. Scrape the shrimp and beans onto the bed of spinach.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the shallot and cook over moderately low heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add the mustard to the skillet and whisk in the red wine vinegar, then whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, pour it over the salad and serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Joymarie, the shallots and mustard work so well with the spinach,the addition of the shrimp and cannellini beans make for an atractive and tasty treat.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This sounds great, JoyMarie. I love the ingredients and the vinaigrette flavors. I know I will be loving this! Thanks for the recipe...
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Now this is a salad to die for. Yummers, yummers. Gave it a 5 and have it in the "to make" pile for this week, I love everything about this recipe.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!