blue cheese shitake filet mignonFrom midwestguy 7 years ago
How to make it
- start the grill (i use a weber with hardwood charcoal)
- season steaks with little salt/ pepper
- fry 3 slices of bacon in heavy skillet til crisp tender and remove
- sautee stemmed shitake mushrooms in bacon drippings until wilted down
- grill steaks to desired doneness (i go to medium rare since i broil them for 2 min later)
- in a broiler safe pan (i use an old metal pie pan with foil ) place the steaks then a little blue cheese, mushrooms, crumbled bacon. (layer) over the steaks.end with the blue cheese
- broil until cheese is melted .
- this makes its own sauce so to speak with the filet juices / blue cheese.
The Cookmidwestguy Chicago, IL
The Rating5 people
This sounds FANTASTIC, I have to try this like now, my mouth is watering. Thank you thank you thank you for a great post. Gave you a 5 because that is as high as I could go, otherwise this one would get a 10. Great post, Jeff, keep em coming.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Mann!! that is my kind of steak... Great post thanks..... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Oh yeah... I love this. You could also wrap the bacon around the steaks so it cooks as they grill and saute the mushrooms in butter (I always manage to sneak in some butter whenever I can, ha ha)
Please come check out my filet mignon recip...moreluisascatering in San Carlos loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!