Peachy PinwheelsFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 cup finely chopped dried peaches shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix peaches, water, 1/2 sugar and the nutmeg in 1-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 35 minutes or until peaches are tender and water is almost absorbed; cool slightly.
- Mash with fork.
- Mix margarine, shortening, 1 cup sugar, the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into rectangle, 11X7-inches, on floured surface.
- Spread half of the peach mixture to within 1/2-inch of edges of each rectangle.
- Roll up tighlty, beginning at long sides.
- Pinch to seal.
- Wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut roll into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown; cool.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- danadooley Singapore, SG
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- leigh561 Orlando, FL
- grandmommy Nashville, TN
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- canadiangirlrox Windsor, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating5 people
Yummy, I like peaches and this sounds delicious! It is bout time for them and I can't wait!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Go chi chi.. go chi chi.. go chi chi goooooooooo lol
its great just messing with you.lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Very very nice. Thanks for the post. ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!